7.23.2007

Where I find ME

I wanted to change my layout so that it was both easy to read and pleasing to the eye. It really makes me think of the beach and the waves. I love the sound of the waves and it made me think about our "creature comforts." Those of you who have gone through those days after cancer diagnosis or first rounds of chemo, or whatever it is that shakes you world, I hope you go back to your creature comforts, those things that make you feel like YOU! Mine is reading, I love to read, I'm actually in the midst of about 4 books right now. Yes I can keep them all straight and I rarely need a bookmark. I also love hot tea with honey and milk, most teas will do but I love the taste of Chai for all of its spices and feeling of Autumn my favorite season. Sweatshirts. They FILL my closet and I have been known to wear them in the middle of Summer. If you could give me a good book, with a cup of tea at a beach house with a fireplace and sweats I'd probably be the happiest girl on earth. Rarely do I get all of these at once. Last night I did get 3 out of 5 and that is quite an accomplishment for me. I finished Harry Potter with a HUGE mug of tea in one hand, in bed with my favorite Sweatshirt and most comfy MINNESOTA PJ pants on. I was in heaven (if I only had the sound of the waves in the background). what is your creature comfort? What do you LONG for on those hectic days after working all day and/or taking care of the kidlets. A long, hot, bubble bath? the smell of rain while sitting on the porch? I have a friend who dreams of sitting on the back porch watching storms (especially thunder and Lightening storms)I tell her she's crazy but whatever floats your boat LOL. Tell me what is YOUR creature comfort? You know mine.
Please do not confuse your creature comfort for Passion, ie my passion would be 1)my FFP he still makes me hot... phew! 2) Hearing my kids big belly laughs while we roll around tickling eachother in bed 3) finding a cure for CANCER by walking and spreading awareness and 4) Photography, beautiful people and places make me HAPPY and holding those memories close. But those are a whole other post!