4.02.2007

Generous Hearts and Open Hands

What a weekend. My wonderful Aunt Sandy (my mom's sister) sent out an email a little over a month ago and asked if any of her friends and family would be interested in participating in a bunco game with the $25 buy in going directly to my mom and my walk in July. She got an overpowering response and what we were hoping for in 12 to 16 seats. We filled 26. That was $650 minimum. We also had a raffle with a bunch of stuff donated to us (48 prizes) and made a bundle off of that. Several wonderful people already had plans for that day but donated the $25 anyway. We came home with $1400. We had a great time, met many wonderful people and rekindled that drive to make a difference in the world one afternoon at a time. Thank you so much Aunt Sandy for organizing our event, Vicki for use of her wonderful home all of Aunt Sandy's friends who made things for the raffle, donated their time to help and came forth with food tables and chairs to make Saturday so successful. You are truely angels (many disguised in purple clothes and red hats), and I can't tell you how thankful I am that you are all in my Aunts life. Thank you again.

No comments: